[rhn-users] Using Putty or VNC to Copy a File to the C: Drive

Brian T. Brunner brian.t.brunner at gai-tronics.com
Mon Jul 25 13:03:31 UTC 2005

Floppy drive
Thumb drive
CD
email attachment
smbmount the shared drive, and read/write like NFS.

Brian Brunner
brian.t.brunner at gai-tronics.com
(610)796-5838

>>> jtrice at haastcm.com 07/22/05 02:02PM >>>
How many ways can you think of to copy a file from a Linux box to a winders
machine?

I prefer filezilla which can use either ftp of scp
(http://filezilla.sourceforge.net/).

You could copy the file to somewhere below /var/www/html or wherever your
apache htdocs are and use Micromush Internet Deplorer.

You could use smbclient on the Linux box to put it to a share.

You could use the Microsoft tftp client.

You could install Microsoft Windows Services for Unix and nfs export a
directory from the Windos box.

More?

;-)