[rhn-users] mkudffs error

Jorge jorge at sur-se.com
Wed Jun 1 10:47:43 UTC 2005

Hi. I use:
- mkisofs --> to generate an iso image file
- mkudffs --media-type=dvdram /dev/scd0   --> to create an UDF file system
on dvd-rw
- dd if=backup.iso of=/dev/scd0  --> to write the iso image to dvd+rw

The problems is with mkudffs. When I run mkudffs, It says:
trying to change type of multiple extents

I use dvd+rw-format  command to format DVD with UDF file system. I format
the dvd without problem, and It say It is in Restricted Overwrite mode, but
mkudffs can't create udf file system.
Why? How Can I resolve it?
I have use the same linux commands on other machine and It works fine.
Thanks.