[rhn-users] RedHat ES 3 multipathing Fiber SAN

Ray Stell stellr at cns.vt.edu
Thu Jun 2 20:54:08 UTC 2005

I have not gotten to the multipath effort yet, coming soon.  I was planning on looking at
the software called Subsystem Device Driver (SDD).  This is some IBM product available as
RedHat and SuSE rpms.  I have not gone here, but hope too soon:

http://www-1.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?rs=540&context=ST52G7&uid=ssg1S4000107&loc=en_US&cs=utf-8&lang=en+en

Not really on topic exactly, but I've been fighting with a RH AS 3/qlogic 2300 configured
system.  In an sidebar effort, I set up the same config, but with RH AS 4 instead of AS 3.
I was really caught off guard when I plugged everthing in and it just worked.  I'm considering
moving lock, stock, and barrel to 4 AS.  AS 3 has provided too many twists.