[rhn-users] invalid registration

Richard Lefebvre Richard.Lefebvre at rqchp.qc.ca
Wed Mar 9 16:54:43 UTC 2005

Did you download the right CDs. The first time I logged in to
https://rhn.redhat.com The first time I did, it only showed me the x86
binaries. So it got a bit confusing getting the right binaries.

Jon LaBadie wrote:
> I have a subscription for the x86_64 version of RHEL 3 (WS)
>
> Whenever I try to register my system it complains I'm trying
> to register an ia32 system -- which I'm not, it is a EM64T Xeon.
>
> Because it claims it is invalid, the system gets registered,
> but I can not assign a channel for updates.
>
> Where is it picking up the erroneous info?
> How do I get it registered correctly and a channel assigned?

Richard Lefebvre, Sys-admin, RQCHP, (514)343-6111 x5313    "Don't Panic"
Richard.Lefebvre(@AROBAS)rqchp.qc.ca                          -- THGTTG