[rhn-users] Batch control across multiple machines

Canada, Brian Brian.Canada at BHPBilliton.com
Mon May 2 19:42:35 UTC 2005

Openmosix maybe?  I'm not sure if it can be configured for batch.  On the
commercial side LSF.

Brian

-----Original Message-----
From: rhn-users-bounces at redhat.com [mailto:rhn-users-bounces at redhat.com]
Sent: Monday, May 02, 2005 10:32 AM
To: rhn-users at redhat.com
Subject: [rhn-users] Batch control across multiple machines

I need a "kick in the right direction" for this one.

I have a bunch of redhat boxes that I use to run batch jobs.  To run
these jobs, I simply created separate batch files on each machine.
However, this is quickly becoming a pain, given that all the simulations
are part of a larger simulation project.

What I want is a single point of control through which all batch jobs
are sent off to separate machines.  As these machines finish their
jobs,  new jobs are automatically sent to them.  I don't really need
anything more than this.

Are there any open-source tools for doing this?

Thanks!
Craig

EOM

NOTICE - This message and any attached files may contain information that is
confidential and/or subject of legal privilege intended only for use by the
intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient or the person
responsible for delivering the message to the intended recipient, be advised
that you have received this message in error and that any dissemination,
copying or use of this message or attachment is strictly forbidden, as is
the disclosure of the information therein.  If you have received this
message in error please notify the sender immediately and delete the
message.