[rhn-users] FW: no text in log on screen after running up2datewith RHEL AS 3

Clinton Fernandes cfernand at utm.utoronto.ca
Mon May 16 21:39:38 UTC 2005

Hmmm a puzzling problem.

Does /var/log/messages say anything? I'm not too familiar with X so I am of
limited use, so you'll have to forgive my rather haphazard suggestions.

With a graphical login, you're in runlevel 5.

There may be something wrong with your X set-up. Examine it before you try a
fresh install, since a fresh install may not correct the problem and only cost
you valuable time.

If you decide to do a fresh install, I would recommend formatting all your
partitions to make sure that any "bad" config files do not remain. Just be sure
to backup important data first!

--
          my tail is dun.