[rhn-users] FW: no text in log on screen after running up2datewith RHEL AS 3

Hopson, Russell Russell_Hopson at brown.edu
Mon May 16 20:56:00 UTC 2005

Hi Clinton,

The login screen is not blank, it looks just like the normal 'bluetooth'
login screen except there is no text at the bottom of the screen next to
the buttons (the buttons that let you select language, environment,
etc.).  When you type the username and password in the white box, no
text is observed.  Once you are logged in, the display is normal.

I am not certain what run-level I am starting in but I want to say 5.  I
am new to the world of Red Hat.  I will try a fresh install tomorrow and
try not updating the X packages.

Thanks for your input.

Russ

Russ Hopson, Ph.D.