[rhn-users] fatal unpack error during up2date -u

Jim Pelton Jim.Pelton at noaa.gov
Tue May 24 17:50:45 UTC 2005

The client is running rpm version 4.2.3 and RHEL WS update 3.   This is
just an old P3 600 box, nothing with multiple CPUs or anything.  We did
try rebuilding the database as well.  Also I believe the proxy is
running Redhat Proxy software version 3.6.  Could it be possible that
the packages which where not installed where never on the box to begin
with, hence the missing entries from the rpm db?  Of course why would
up2date then try to download and install them if they where not there to
begin with...

--Jim