[rhn-users] synchronize nis passwords with samba

FM dist-list at LEXUM.UMontreal.CA
Wed May 25 19:41:33 UTC 2005

I also had that kind of problem but for Samba + ldap/kerberos.
What I did :
all  users are using : smbpasswd -r PDC_SERVER to change their password

This command update smb password and then update the nis password (in my
case sync kerberos password).

Just to be sure, you can also create a user alias :
alias yppasswd ='smbpasswd -r PDC_SERVER'

REG,

FM