[rhn-users] Resizing ext3 partition

Rob Myroon rob at tartan.ca
Fri May 27 22:07:16 UTC 2005

Thanks for the tips but parted still gave me the same error message. I
issued this command to disable journaling

#tune2fs -O ^has_journal /dev/sda11

And then I unmounted the partition and tried to move it

#umount /dev/sda11
#parted /dev/sda move 11 55000 60000

Maybe I had to reboot to get parted to notice the partition was no
longer ext3? (Or maybe I don't know what I am doing?)

Anyways, I used the more "brute force" method. I tar'd up the 2
partitions, unmounted, deleted the 2 partitions, recreated both
partitions (making one bigger), untar'd the data back, recreated the
labels, mounted them, and everything is ok!

Rob