[rhn-users] Update software through up2date - Problems

Clinton Fernandes cfernand at utm.utoronto.ca
Tue May 31 16:15:39 UTC 2005

I have run into this problem several times: what package does a given binary
belong to?

I never found a satisfactory way of answering this question. But you may get
lucky by searching the redhat site knowledgebase for the file you are looking
for. If you're lucky there will be an answer that will mention the package in it.

Or try the same with google.

Alternatively, maybe the elfutils package you have installed needs to be updated...?

Good luck!

--
          my tail is dun.