[rhn-users] Start tomcat whith locked account and no login shell, problem RH ES 4

Darek Czarkowski dczarkowski at infinitesource.ca
Mon Nov 7 21:22:11 UTC 2005

Hello,

I have recently installed RH ES 4 on my test server and I am having a
problem with a restricted account for tomcat. The account is locked and
it does have a nologin shell, but it can not be started during the boot
time of the machine. does tomcat require bash shell to work? changing
the startup script and adding -s /bin/bash to command line does not help
(same goes for PostgresSQL's user).
Also I am not sure if this has happened after I have selected "relabel
on next reboot" under "Security Level" -> "SE Linux", but each time I
try for example "service tomcat stop"
I get a prompt:

"Shutting down Tomcat
Your default context is user_u:system_r:unconfined_t.

Do you want to choose a different one? [n]"

no matter if I choose yes or no the tomcat will terminate. How do I get
rid of that message?

Thank you for your help.
--
Darek Czarkowski