[rhn-users] CVS: Please help ...."no such repository" error

mukund jampala mukund.miscregisters at gmail.com
Sun Nov 27 13:50:19 UTC 2005

Dear CVS users,

I am trying to configure the CVS Server on RH 7.3 dist with the default cvs.

I have configured the CVS server system based on the link below.
     http://owen.sj.ca.us/rkowen/howto/cvs.html#server

But, still I fail.with "no such repository" message.

I created a passwd file in the CVSROOT directory and added user root,
mukund to it. I did not say cvs commit, etc .... Do i need to do it
after editing this file.

I tried to connetc to the cvs from the same system as well as client
system with the following comand.

       cvs -d :pserver:root at cvshost:/usr/src/local/cvsroot login { where
cvshost = 100.100.100.28, cvs server IP}
       Logging in to :pserver:root at cvshost:2401/usr/src/loca/cvsroot
       CVS passwd: << blank poasswd >> { as I did not assign any}
       /usr/src/local/cvsroot: no such repository

Can somene please explain me where exactly I am commiting the mistake?
After doing "service xinetd trestart", should i expect a new daemon if
so what is it?

I am worried about this basic problem of CVS server configation mishap.
There is big way after this? please help...

Thanks & Regards,
Mukund Jampala