[rhn-users] prompting password more than one time

Jeremy Hallum jhallum at umich.edu
Sun Oct 9 17:10:26 UTC 2005

Sambit,  Did you edit anything in /etc/pam.d/

or run authconfig?

It could be that there is an authentication check for another service
in front of pam_unix.so in your /etc/pam.d/system-auth file.

The first check would fail because there is no entry for root in that
service (like LDAP, or kerberos).

-jeremy