[rhn-users] Installing RHEL AS on slave Hard Disk

elimachi at datacom.com.bo elimachi at datacom.com.bo
Mon Oct 10 13:19:46 UTC 2005

Dear List:

I´d like to test some applications on RHEL AS. I have a PC with Pentium 4,
512 MB in RAM, one HD of 40 GB and I add a second HD (also 40 GB) as slave
to lodge RHEL because my first HD is full partitioned and has running
windows. BIOS detect both HD as primary and secondary.
When I try to install RHEL, the video card and monitor don´t  be detected
and the installation jump to text mode only. On it, I cannot see the
secondary HD, then I cannot select it to proceed with the installation.
Why?

An additional question before to continue is, how should I boot the system
with RHEL if I won´t install GRUB or LILO? With old RedHat 9, I can to do
it through a boot diskette, so with it I boot my box to Linux and without
I boot to windows.

Your suggestions will be very appreciated.

Thank you.

Edwin