[rhn-users] Where is the CUPS print queue

Pete Masse pete at chemistry.montana.edu
Wed Oct 12 23:09:55 UTC 2005

I have set up a CUPS server and I would like to share the printer via CUPS
with other Linux and Windows machines.  When installing the CUPS printer on
the Windows machine, it says "Access Denied" under the printer.  On linux
machines, it simply says "Printer Busy".  I have give every host permission
to print to it.  In Samba, the printer share says the following:
[printers]
        comment = All Printers
        path = /var/spool/samba
        browseable = no
        public = yes
        printable = yes

I though the printer queue was /var/spool/samba.  Even with permissions on
/var/spool/samba set to 777 it still doesn't work.  Where exactly are the
print jobs queued on the server? When setting up cups on a client, after
puting in the cups server name, how do you know the path to the print queue?

Thanks in Advance.

Pete