[rhn-users] RHEL4 doesn't see SATA!

Hopson, Russell Russell_Hopson at brown.edu
Mon Oct 17 14:34:27 UTC 2005

I had a similar problem with RHEL AS 3 on an HP with two SATA drives.  I
had to change the BIOS settings and cabling to a 'shared controller'
setting.  This was on a dual boot HP workstation with Windows installed
on the other drive.  After making the bios changes and altering the
cabling to the controller, Linux was able to see the SATA drive.

However, after running up2date, the newer kernel has problems with the
drive again, so I am stuck with an older kernel until this problem is
resolved.