[rhn-users] RHES 4.1 and iSCSI

Administrator - Roy A. Crabtree - roy.crabtree@ncat.edu - 336-334-7856 x2249 roy.crabtree at ncat.edu
Tue Sep 20 19:14:11 UTC 2005

Alternatively fall back to the previus version & compile, or corss
compile on another system.  Depends on if you have another way to get to
the hard drives to take out your only controller...

Second alternative: linux on CDROM or DVD ...

Robert Saylor wrote:

> I actually use to test this at IBM about 4 - 5 months ago. I don't
> have the driver but from my testing you had to do the following:
>
> 1. Remove the iSCSI HBA from the server
> 2. Install Linux
> 3. Re-compile iSCSI HBA
> 4. Shutdown server, install iSCSI HBA and turn on server
>
> Then your iSCSI adapter should work and be able to configure the drives.
>
> It's been a while for me so hope this helps.
>

> ================================
> Robert Saylor
> Manager
> Turnkey Hosting
> http://www.turnkeyresellers.com
> (775) 247-7688
> rsaylor_emiv (Yahoo)
> support at turnkeyhosting.net (MSN)
> ================================
> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Marty Merrick"
> <MMerrick at idleaire.com>

Roy A. Crabtree
UNC '76 gaa.lifer#11086
NC A&T Fort Room 071
1601 East Market Street
Greensboro, NC 27411
336-334-7856/7/8/9 x2249

roy.crabtree <mailto://roy.crabtree@ncat.edu>@(ncat.edu
<mailto://roy.crabtree@ncat.edu>, alumni.unc.edu
<roy.crabtree at alumni.unc.edu>, gmail.com <roy.crabtree at gmail.com>)

--
(c) RAC/IP, ARE,PRO,PAST
(Copyright) Roy Andrew Crabtree/In Perpetuity