[rhn-users] ups control

Claudio Jofre cjofre at netexplora.com
Thu Sep 22 14:11:54 UTC 2005

Hi all.

i have this question, what software can i use for control the tripplite
smart-pro smx3000xlrt2u

tripplite insist that i need install de X. I don't will install this
environment while this is for control 4 server's. and mi experience is
that this is not a good idea (the X for servers).

Now i have intend install the nut, but i receive this error:

Network UPS Tools - UPS driver controller 2.0.2
Network UPS Tools - Tripp-Lite SmartUPS driver 0.8 (2.0.2)

Failed to find UPS - giving up...
Driver failed to start (exit status=1)

My servers have redhat ES 4.0 and the ups server (is a monitor machine)
have installed the fedora 3. all have only console mode.

now, tripplite use powealert. other ups provider use winpower.
the two software use X.
Now, this has made me arise a series from questions.
First (and but the urgent thing for my at this moment), somebody has
some ups like this? if he is, like this controlling? Second, in general
terms, since they have solved the problem of ups in the servers. Or
perhaps all use graphics environment in their servers?

--

                          Claudio Jofré Barbé
                       Administrador de Red Linux