[rhn-users] vsftpd performance very slow

dbossung at southeast.edu dbossung at southeast.edu
Tue Aug 1 18:30:44 UTC 2006

I have just installed RHES 4.3 and enabled/started vsftpd.

Both the client and the server are on the same private subnet. 100Mb/s

When I use FileZilla on a windows box to connect (using the quick connect
option) and send a file (from 22M to 560M in size) the throughput is
extremly slow. (<100KB/s). I see similar results using WSFTP on the same
windows host.

I found a kb article about using 'noreservation' in fstab, tried that but
was no help.

Any other ideas about what to look at. I don't even know how to start with
this.

Thanks
Don