[rhn-users] Download security patches

Donald Lambert Donald.Lambert at dal.ca
Fri Aug 11 11:23:53 UTC 2006

There are basically 2 options for use within the RedHat Network.

The first is a proxy service which authenticates to the actual RHN, but
keeps a local cache via squid.

The second is a satellite server in which you obtain the complete
channels then your other machines authenticate off of it.

In both cases you can have locally housed rpm packages.

The satellite service is a a nice way to have machines behind a firewall
and only having to connect one machine to the DMZ (Internet) and RHN.

-- Donnie