[rhn-users] The purpose of this mailing list

Máirín Duffy duffy at redhat.com
Mon Aug 21 18:50:24 UTC 2006

Bill Watson wrote:
> I'm sorry, I didn't know this was supposed to be the patch RedHat till it
> stops working then get it working again list.

Well, that's not quite the point I was trying to convey. ;-)

> I guess I need the mailing list address/URL for the group that wants to know
> specific solutions to problems or suspected problems or integration with
> RedHat provided software. I mistook rhn-users as a mailing list for RedHat
> Users. My mistake.

I think most people use the release-specific lists for that kind of
discussion. For example, nahant-list [1] for issues with Red Hat
Enterprise Linux 4 and taroon-list [2] for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 3.

It sounds like you may benefit from redhat-sysadmin-list [3] as well.
 From the description: "This list is targeted at professional system
administrators regarding intermediate and advanced system administration
issues related to but not limited to Red Hat Linux."