[rhn-users] Graphics mode stops working after activating RHN subscription

Borg, Rodney Rodney.Borg at dsto.defence.gov.au
Thu Feb 23 01:06:11 UTC 2006

After installing Red Hat Linux WS v4 on an HP xw4300 workstation (P4
3.8GHz, 4Gb RAM, 160 Gb HD, XFX GeoForce GF7800) I attempted to activate
the subscription from the tool under graphics mode.  After sorting out
issues with the fact that I go through a firewall, I managed to activate
the subscription.  However, after this the graphics mode stops working.
If I reboot, I get a blank screen but I can still access the text mode
terminals.  Any ideas on how to fix this?

Rodney Borg

IMPORTANT: This email remains the property of the Australian Defence
Organization and is subject to the jurisdiction of section 70 of the
Crimes Act 1914.  If you have received this email in error, you are
requested to contact the sender and delete the email.