[rhn-users] RHEL freeze: diskdump: -

Honti Balázs balazs at fmnet.hu
Mon Jan 2 18:42:01 UTC 2006

Hello! I tried to use a spare 12G partition, after formatting with
"diskdumpfmt -fpv /dev/hdb3" when it already seems to be OK:
[root at webplm /]# diskdumpfmt -cv /dev/hdb3
/dev/hdb3
 status     : formatted
 block size : 3000138
 version    : 1-1.1.9
 sample rate: 8
 block order: 2
 format size: 261787
 note       : parameters satisfied

But after this I just got:
[root at webplm /]# diskdumpctl /dev/hdb3
diskdumpctl: /dev/hdb3 is not supported!

What/how should I do? :-) It is a plain IDE partition...

Thanks,
Honti,Balázs