[rhn-users] RHEL 4 U1 and QLogic cards with Hitachi DASD

Lamon, Frank III Frank_LaMon at csx.com
Fri Jan 13 00:52:36 UTC 2006

 I'm trying to connect some Hitachi Lightning DASD to a Dell 6850
running AS4 Update 1 with QLogic HBAs and I'm having some problems. The
server had 53 LUNs assigned to it, but the OS only sees 1. Looking at
the /proc/scsi/qla2xxx/1 files I can see all 53 LUNs assigned but 52 of
them are flagged with an * indicating they are not registered with the
OS. Is there something simple I'm missing here to easily register the
LUNs with the OS via some command or tool?

Thanks,
Frank

This email transmission and any accompanying attachments may contain
CSX privileged and confidential information intended only for the use
of the intended addressee.  Any dissemination, distribution, copying or
action taken in reliance on the contents of this email by anyone other
than the intended recipient is strictly prohibited.  If you have
received this email in error please immediately delete it and  notify
sender at the above CSX email address.  Sender and CSX accept no
liability for any damage caused directly or indirectly by receipt of
this email.