[rhn-users] GTKpod and libMP4v2 Build

Delta.Root Delta.Root at comcast.net
Sat Jan 21 18:23:31 UTC 2006

I haven't been able to get GTKpod working under RHEL3
because of the redirection error realted to  button_new.

That error is posted on RHN, and the conclusion is that
GTKpod can't locate the GTK2 libraries.  The advise to
"point" the library config to include /usr/local/lib and
run the config command to reread that didn't help.

So, I decided to get a newer release of GTKpod.  And it complains
that I don' have libmp4v2 on the system.  So, I got that and attempt to
"bootstrap" make it, but the make fails on a pointer (int without cast)
error.

Has anyone encountered this problem with libmp4v2 and resolved it?

Has anyone found a stable version of GTKpod that they would recommend?
RPPM's for this whole thing are definately preferred over
tar/zip/source.

THanks!

Delta

PS.  I received zero responses on the Kawasaki LSI USB/Ethernet problem,
so I guess I'm the last person attempting to use a vintage SONY port
replicator for its ports.  I have the wireless PCMCIA working, so this
isn't a big deal, but the thought of having a broken hardware connection
bothers me just a little.