[rhn-users] problem registering a machine

Peter Forsyth pforsyth at dwight.com
Mon Jan 30 17:57:01 UTC 2006

I am having some trouble registering my Enterprise Linux servers.  When
I look in my System Entitlements I see the following.

Update Service: You have 4 subscriptions (including 1 Demo
subscription), and you have 0 systems subscribed.

However when I try to run up2date -register I get the following message:

Problem registering system:

Error Message:

    Registration failed: RHN Software Management service entitlements
exhausted

Error Class Code: 91

Error Class Info: Registration token unable to entitle system: maximum
membership exceeded

Explanation:

     An error has occurred while processing your request. If this
problem

     persists please enter a bug report at bugzilla.redhat.com.

     If you choose to submit the bug report, please be sure to include

     details of what you were trying to do when this error occurred and

     details on how to reproduce this problem.

I only have the "Base Entitlements", and I am assumeing that's all I
need to use up2date to just get updates for a single machine.

I have tried this from multiple machines with no luck, I purchased the 3
subscriptions through the website and never received any sort of key.
So for the activate screen in up2date I chose "use one of my existing
subscriptions", which produces the previous error.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Peter Forsyth

Dwight Asset Management Company