[rhn-users] mod_jk.so error message with tomcat 5.0.28 and apache 2.0.52

tmaciak at ci.grand-rapids.mi.us tmaciak at ci.grand-rapids.mi.us
Tue Jun 6 19:37:06 UTC 2006

I actually figured out my problem.  Just needed to download the source and compile it for my specific hardware and then all was working! :)

T.J. Maciak

Internet/Intranet Developer
Department of IT
City of Grand Rapids
P: (616)456-3713
F: (616)456-3448

Message: 1
Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2006 14:05:29 -0400
From: tmaciak at ci.grand-rapids.mi.us
Subject: [rhn-users] mod_jk.so error message with tomcat 5.0.28 and
	apache	2.0.52
To: rhn-users at redhat.com

I grabbed a rpm of mod_jk.so and installed it but I get the following error when trying to restart apache:

--[ START ]--

Starting httpd: Syntax error on line 1 of /etc/httpd/conf.d/jk.conf:
Cannot load /usr/lib/httpd/modules/mod_jk.so into server: /usr/lib/httpd/modules/mod_jk.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
                                                           [FAILED]

--[ END ]--

The RPM placed mod_jk.so in the following directoy along with a file called jk_jnicb.so:

/usr/lib/httpd/modules/

Software Version Info

OS:
~~~
Red Hat Enterprise Server V4

Apache:
~~~~~~~
Server version: Apache/2.0.52
Server built:   Dec 15 2005 04:08:26

Tomcat:
~~~~~~~
INFO: Starting Servlet Engine: Apache Tomcat/5.0.28

Mod_jk.so:
mod_jk-ap20-1.2.15-1jpp.i386.rpm

Does anyone know why I am getting this error?? (I have verified these mod_jk.so files are in the correct path as configured in conf.d/jk.conf)

Any ideas/help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated!