[rhn-users] RHEL4 : unable to install smp kernel-devel

FM dist-list at LEXUM.UMontreal.CA
Fri Jun 9 20:14:23 UTC 2006

I need kernel-devel to build a HP module but :

uname -r :
2.6.9-34.0.1.ELsmp

up2date -l kernel-devel :
Fetching Obsoletes list for channel: rhel-i386-as-4...
Fetching rpm headers...
Name                                    Version        Rel
The following Packages were marked to be skipped by your configuration:
Name                                    Version        Rel  Reason
kernel-devel                            2.6.9          34.0.1.ELPkg
name/pattern
The following packages you requested are already updated:
kernel-devel

If I force the installation, it installs the 2.6.9-34.0.1.EL

I can download de smp version from rhn but why can I use up2date ?