[rhn-users] RHEL4 : unable to install smp kernel-devel

Lamon, Frank III Frank_LaMon at csx.com
Fri Jun 9 20:17:14 UTC 2006

Try "up2date kernel-smp-devel"

-----Original Message-----
From: rhn-users-bounces at redhat.com
[mailto:rhn-users-bounces at redhat.com]On Behalf Of FM
Sent: Friday, June 09, 2006 4:14 PM
To: Mailing List RHEL 4; Mailing List Redhat Network
Subject: [rhn-users] RHEL4 : unable to install smp kernel-devel

I need kernel-devel to build a HP module but :

uname -r :
2.6.9-34.0.1.ELsmp

up2date -l kernel-devel :
Fetching Obsoletes list for channel: rhel-i386-as-4...
Fetching rpm headers...
Name                                    Version        Rel
The following Packages were marked to be skipped by your configuration:
Name                                    Version        Rel  Reason
kernel-devel                            2.6.9          34.0.1.ELPkg
name/pattern
The following packages you requested are already updated:
kernel-devel

If I force the installation, it installs the 2.6.9-34.0.1.EL

I can download de smp version from rhn but why can I use up2date ?

This email transmission and any accompanying attachments may
contain CSX privileged and confidential information intended only
for the use of the intended addressee.  Any dissemination,
distribution, copying or action taken in reliance on the contents
of this email by anyone other than the intended recipient is
strictly prohibited.  If you have received this email in error
please immediately delete it and  notify sender at the above CSX
email address.  Sender and CSX accept no liability for any damage
caused directly or indirectly by receipt of this email.