[rhn-users] Ps/2 keyboard and mouse problems

Konkle, Daniel T AMRDEC/Dynetics Daniel.Konkle at us.army.mil
Mon Jun 26 21:13:05 UTC 2006

So we have been running a file server with RHEL3 for some time.  Just
upgraded to RHEL4 Update 3.  The computer has multiple processors but
whenever I boot the SMP kernel the keyboard and mouse don't work
correctly.

I'm running a SuperMicro board with the latest RHEL4 kernel.

To keep the server running, I have it booted in the non-smp kernel.  The
computer seems to be fine in this state but we aren't getting everything
we can out of the  server.

Has anyone ran into this problem before?
If so, how did you fix it?

Danny