[rhn-users] Ps/2 keyboard and mouse problems

Eddy Harvey eharvey at radiospire.com
Tue Jun 27 00:21:02 UTC 2006

I also have a supermicro, with ps2 keyboard/mouse.  I too have noticed that
sometimes my keyboard/mouse disappears, and I found a workaround.

I forget what it is right now - haven't had to think about it for 12-14
months or so, but I put a post-it note on the wall next to the server.

The next time I'm in (should be tomorrow) I'll tell you what is written on
my post-it.

Offhand, I seem to remember something about ... The keyboard, mouse, and
monitor must be connected during post, or else the system board deactivates
them.  They can be reactivated by software (windows kernel does it, and some
linux kernels do it) but sometimes I found myself in a no-hands situation.

I think the workaround was to hook up a KVM, so there's always a
keyboard/mouse/monitor attached.

But I'll tell you what's on my post-it tomorrow.  It might be more
enlightening.