[rhn-users] Root login with telnet

Bill Watson bill at magicdigits.com
Thu Jun 29 19:10:02 UTC 2006

I have heard often the trauma of sending passwords in clear text over the
network. If one has port 23 isolated from the internet and in a typical
office environment, is there still risk? There is zero chance that any
employee is capable of such interception, and the network switches wouldn't
allow said person the opportunity if they could.

Please explain the actual risks so I am enlightened.

Thank you,
Bill Watson
bill at magicdigits.com