[rhn-users] dynamic: dhcp, dns and hostname - not in step

C. Wilson cowilson at digicomp.com
Fri Mar 17 15:53:09 UTC 2006

I have set up a DHCP server that successfully assigns hostnames to
clients.On the same machine I have set up a DNS server (BIND) that
clients can update, the update is done by editing the following line in
/etc/dhclient-eth0: send fqdn.fqdn “myhost.xxx.com.” My question is, as
the client name is dynamic how to I make the fqdn match the assigned
hostname without having to manually edit this file. Is there a way of
using a variable for this option?