[rhn-users] Compile Problem

ram talk2ram at gmail.com
Wed May 10 10:23:46 UTC 2006

Hi All

I have installed RHEL AS 4
and installed in my new Xeon 3ghz server with 1GB ram
Installed perfectly and not able to recognise onboard Marvel Ethernet

So when i contact them they ask me to dowload the driver and install

So i have patched with the kernel make oldconfig
make menuconfig, selected the driver

when i try make

 CHK     include/linux/version.h
  SPLIT   include/linux/autoconf.h -> include/config/*
  CHK     include/asm-i386/asm_offsets.h
/bin/sh: arch/i386/kernel/asm-offsets.s: No such file or directory
  UPD     include/asm-i386/asm_offsets.h
mv: cannot stat `include/asm-i386/asm_offsets.h.tmp': No such file or
directory
make: *** [include/asm-i386/asm_offsets.h] Error 1

any help will be great

ram