[rhn-users] Upgrade Mysql 4.1 to Mysql 5

Omer Faruk Sen omer at faruk.net
Thu May 25 07:11:23 UTC 2006

I was surfing on rhn.redhat.com and saw a channel: Red Hat Web Application
Stack

This channel is a BETA channel but includes all new versions of LAMP
stuff. Can any Redhat representative in this list inform us when this
channel will be available for production use?

By the way I wonder what kind of implications that we are going to see
after Redhat's acquisation of JBOSS? There are some certaion work areas
that LAMP doesn't satisfy our bosses. When will be able to use jboss and
other java systems on rhel? There is a channel named Red Hat Application
Server v. 2 but I am not sure if it is good for us. I think redhat will
merge jboss to this channel am I right?

> Does anyone have successfully upgrade mysql 4 to version 5 on RHEL 4?
>
> Does this upgrade will void the warranty?
>
> Sincerely,
>

> Pujo

Omer Faruk Sen
http://www.faruk.net