[rhn-users] Upgrade Mysql 4.1 to Mysql 5

Simon Ball sball at cromwells.co.uk
Thu May 25 09:11:38 UTC 2006

We have a perfectly successful mysql 5 upgrade based on the Mysql AB rhel 4 packages. There's an occasional problem with susequent new packages which depend on the client libraries because the naming of the packages varies in MySQL's own release.

Not sure about the warranty, but we needed 5 for our app, so were given little choice. Plus if you need support MySQL will take it on for version 5, but not really for 4 anymore (whereas RedHat will do 4 and not 5).