[rhn-users] Red hat AS 4 with sata raid support

cj cj at glennies.com.au
Tue May 30 00:13:32 UTC 2006

Hi all
Let me first introduce myself.
My name is Chester Cairns (CJ)
I have been using Red Hat for a few years now, I enjoy using it imensly

I have a issue with Red Hat AS 4 using sata raid
I have recently installed AS 4 onto a PC with 1 IDE HD for the install
of AS and two sata HD's on a IT8212 controller for data storage.
I have configured the controller to use both the sata HD's in a mirrored
raid.
When I go to do the install of AS, it shows the HD's as two seperate
HD's (sda, sdb)
I have downloaded the IT8212 driver from the manufacturer and it will
not compile and it look like the driver is only for red hat 9.0 and below.
Also before installing AS 4 I installed FC 5 on the same machine with
the exact same configuration and it picked up the raid device fine.

Can any one give me advise on what I should be doing to get it to see
the one raid device.

Thanks
CJ