[rhn-users] xscreensaver

Mathew Snyder msnyder at servervault.com
Wed May 31 03:59:24 UTC 2006

I'm trying to get xscreensaver set up as the default screensaver.
According to KDE documentation "KDE does not prevent another screen
saver from working. To use a different screen saver, such as
xscreensaver, simply disable the KDE Screen Saver, and set up your other
screen saver program normally."  However, finding anything on how to
disable the KDE screensaver is like pulling teeth.  There is the
checkbox that say Start Automatically and is unchecked.  But if I lock
my desktop, the KDE screensaver is what is used.

How do I configure xscreensaver to be the be all and end all app instead?

RHEL 4 KDE 3.3.1

--
Mathew Snyder
Systems Administrator