[rhn-users] adaptec SAS RAID hard drive not found

Steve Finley finley at privacynetworks.com
Wed Nov 8 23:06:57 UTC 2006

I have a Supermicro SuperServer 6025B-3V with their X7DB3 mother board.
It has an onboard Adaptec SAS RAID controller and has been configured
as a RAID1 with two Seagate Cheetah 15k.4 disks.  When I attempt to
install RHEL4  it cannot find the correct driver.  I grabbed the x86_64
aacraid driver disk from Adaptec (updated 23 OCT 2006) and tried a
"linux dd" install.  The driver disk appears to load, but when I to get the
partition section of the install I get a "No drives found.." message.

Is there an updated RHEL4 driver disk for Adaptec SAS somewhere?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

Steve Finley