[rhn-users] How can we automount windows directory..

Nirav Modiya nirav.linux at gmail.com
Tue Oct 31 16:27:33 UTC 2006

Hi
Thanks to all for prompt reply..
yes i am able to mount by 'mount' command with '-t smbfs' option
But i want to mount it by "automount" facility..As u know there is
automounter daemon
which is continuously running and mount filesystem automatically which is
specified in
/etc/auto.misc ..i want to do same thing for windows share directory..

plz help me to solve this problem
Thanking you

with regards
Nirav

On 10/31/06, Anirudha Sonar <anirudha.sonar at gmail.com> wrote:

> There is one more way to mount it when system come up , You can make the
> entry in /etc/rc.local (command which you use to mount the win partition in
> linux box) . This should work ..
>
> Let me know if you find even a better way to do this .
>

> Regards,
> Anirudha
>
> On 10/31/06, Corne Beerse <cbeerse at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Nirav Modiya wrote:
> >
> > > Hello friends
> > >
> > > I have configured samba server here on one of my linux system.
> > > I can mount  window's shared directory using smbmount command.
> > > After mounting windows directory in my linux machine I can do read
> > > write operation successfully..
> >

> > If you use `mount` with the "-t smb" or "-t smbfs" option and get going,
> > you can add the same mount-options in /etc/fstab to be mounted on boot.
> >
> > Be noted, this might need readable passwords in /etc/fstab...
> >

> > > Now i want to mount this windows directory in my linux machine
> > >
> > > --
> > > Nirav Modiya

> --
> Regards,