[rhn-users] RHN response delays again unbearably long

inode0 inode0 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 20 14:14:19 UTC 2006

Off and on we have had issues with the length of time one must sit and
wait for a response from RHN. Several minute long logins were common.
Some of this was addressed by Red Hat in the 4.1.0 release and this
was much appreciated, although we do need to give up some
functionality in order to achieve reasonable login times.

Since that release the RHN response times seem to have drifted back
and now even with the reduced functionality on my login page it again
takes multiple minutes normally to login. Once I timed the login at
over 10 minutes.

Login times are not the only issue. Clicking on just about anything
after logging in is also painfully slow often taking minutes to
complete.

I have around 600 active users under my account and they are
complaining loudly to me about this too. Since this has been dragging
on without resolution for a while now I decided to vent a little. It
really is frustrating to interact at all with RHN currently.

John