[rhn-users] Re: RHN response delays again unbearably long

inode0 inode0 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 25 14:30:55 UTC 2006

On 9/20/06, inode0 <inode0 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Off and on we have had issues with the length of time one must sit and
> wait for a response from RHN. Several minute long logins were common.
> Some of this was addressed by Red Hat in the 4.1.0 release and this
> was much appreciated, although we do need to give up some
> functionality in order to achieve reasonable login times.
>
> Since that release the RHN response times seem to have drifted back
> and now even with the reduced functionality on my login page it again
> takes multiple minutes normally to login. Once I timed the login at
> over 10 minutes.
>
> Login times are not the only issue. Clicking on just about anything
> after logging in is also painfully slow often taking minutes to
> complete.

Just a quick update on this. After several weeks of really really slow
interaction with RHN on this past Friday all of a sudden things were
pretty spiffy. Logging in now is taking less than a minute and most
subsequent interaction is measured in seconds rather than minutes. I
have no idea what changed, but my campers are much happier now.

John