[rhn-users] Syncronizing packages between 4 Redhat systems via RHN .....

Kennedy, Cameron Cameron.Kennedy at bovislendlease.com
Thu Apr 12 13:41:18 UTC 2007

We have 4 servers - 2 UAT and 2 production systems.
The plan is to bring the uat servers up2date with all available packages
then spend 6 weeks testing to ensure no adverse effects have occurred.
Once testing is complete, we then want to bring the 2 production servers
to the same patch levels as the uat servers.

Question: if during that 6 week testing period, additional patches have
been released, we don't want those patches to be applied to the
production servers as they wouldn't have been installed on the uat
servers during the testing. Is there a way, with up2date, to install
packages to a server(s) based on what is installed on another server??

I am not sure if a satellite server is the only answer and maybe
overkill for just 4 boxes.
thanks for any advice.

This email (including any attachments) is confidential. If you are
not the intended recipient you must not copy, use, disclose,
distribute or rely on the information contained in it. If you have
received this email in error, please notify the sender immediately
by reply email and delete the email from your system.
Confidentiality and legal privilege attached to this communication
are not waived or lost by reason of mistaken delivery to you. Lend
Lease does not guarantee that this email or the attachment(s) are
unaffected by computer virus, corruption or other defects. Lend
Lease may monitor incoming and outgoing emails for compliance with
its Email Policy. Please note that our servers may not be located
in your country.