[rhn-users] Syncronizing packages between 4 Redhat systems viaRHN.....

Peter Walker petwa at pml.ac.uk
Thu Apr 12 14:32:12 UTC 2007

On Thu, 2007-04-12 at 09:41 -0400, Kennedy, Cameron wrote:
> We have 4 servers - 2 UAT and 2 production systems.
> The plan is to bring the uat servers up2date with all available
> packages then spend 6 weeks testing to ensure no adverse effects have
> occurred. Once testing is complete, we then want to bring the 2
> production servers to the same patch levels as the uat servers.

We use yam (now known as mrepo) from Dag Wieers to cache the repos
locally. Set it up initially with your uat config then when you are
happy point up2date to the yam server and build from there.
You could probably do it all manually by saving all the rpms locally,
dumping the rpm package info on a uat box then just using rpm to install
the local stuff.

Cheers,

Pete

Plymouth Marine Laboratory
Prospect Place
Plymouth
PL1 3DH

Website: www.pml.ac.uk
Registered Charity No. 1091222
Company No. 4178503

PML is a member of the Plymouth Marine Sciences Partnership
Website: www.pmsp.org.uk

This e-mail, its content and any file attachments are confidential.
If you have received this e-mail in error please do not copy, disclose
it to any third party or use the contents or attachments in any way.
Please notify the sender by replying to this e-mail or e-mail
forinfo at pml.ac.uk and then delete the email without making any copies
or using it in any other way.

The content of this message may contain personal views which are not
the views of Plymouth Marine Laboratory unless specifically stated.

Email transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error free as
information may be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive
late or incomplete or contain viruses. Plymouth Marine Laboratory
accepts no liability for any loss or damage which may be caused by
software viruses.