[rhn-users] RAID1 Drivers on Install of RHEL4

Ferguson, Michael ferguson at BRVMLAW.COM
Mon Apr 16 19:14:41 UTC 2007

G'Day List,

I am trying to configure RAID1 on a brand new install of RHEL4 on a ASUS
NCLV-D2/SATA motherboard.
The driver is too large for a floppy so I put it on a USB memory stick.
RAID1 is configured in the bios.
Booting to the RHEL4 CD, I type "linux dd" and get prompted for the drivers
and I am able to browse the USB to the img file.
However when I highlight the img file and press enter I get an error message
saying cannot mount the file.
After a few attempts the innstall errors out and screams for a reboot.

Can anyone give me some pointers here?

Thanks