[rhn-users] RAID1 Drivers on Install of RHEL4

Daryl Herzmann akrherz at iastate.edu
Mon Apr 16 19:30:59 UTC 2007

On Mon, 16 Apr 2007, Ferguson, Michael wrote:

> G'Day List,
>
> I am trying to configure RAID1 on a brand new install of RHEL4 on a ASUS
> NCLV-D2/SATA motherboard.
> The driver is too large for a floppy so I put it on a USB memory stick.
> RAID1 is configured in the bios.
> Booting to the RHEL4 CD, I type "linux dd" and get prompted for the drivers
> and I am able to browse the USB to the img file.
> However when I highlight the img file and press enter I get an error message
> saying cannot mount the file.
> After a few attempts the innstall errors out and screams for a reboot.
>
> Can anyone give me some pointers here?

Your question needs to go to a more appropriate list:

Discussions about using Red Hat Network to manage and apply updates to Red
Hat Enterprise Linux, including discussion about particular Red Hat
Enterprise Linux updates.

This list is not intended for discussion about topics specific to Red Hat
Enterprise Linux that do not involve Red Hat Network. For discussion of
such topics, you may want to try:

[1] RHEL 4 Discussion -
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/nahant-list
[2] RHEL 3 Discussion -
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/taroon-list
[3] Red Hat System Administrators' list: