[rhn-users] RE: rhn-users Digest, Vol 36, Issue 5

inode0 inode0 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 7 21:07:34 UTC 2007

On 2/7/07, Ex Fed <exfed at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Another shortcoming that Red Hat Network and Up2date only has versions of
> software that Redhat has made available.

This depends on your point of view. Not getting a mess created by
mixing repos is a benefit to a lot of folks. And while the Red Hat
Network provides software blessed by Red Hat, you can easily configure
up2date to access other repositories of software if you wish to do
that.

> I've seen certain tools indicate a version of software is vulnerable for a
> number of months before redhat has those patched versions available through
> redhat network or up2date.

Recently? In my experience over the past couple of years I have not
noticed this to have happened. Do you have examples?

Red Hat's diligence in pushing out security errata is one of Red Hat's
strengths I think.

John