[rhn-users] NIS or automounter problem

inode0 inode0 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 24 15:25:08 UTC 2007

On 1/24/07, Hugo Simon <hugo.simon at gmx.de> wrote:
> > It surprises me that people can find this list but can't find the
> > redhat-list which seems to me to be at least as well advertised and
> > more appropriate. IMO this list might as well be merged with that list
> > if people really don't want a list with RHN as its focus. The noise
> > ratio on this list is currently very high.
>
> I am very sorry I asked a question in this list. Seems I don't understand
> what this list is for. Your response is typical for many many Linux lists.

As it says in the email header this list is for "Discussions about Red
Hat Network"
and honestly what that means doesn't seem clear to a lot of people.

> There seems much Linux gurus and if someone asks a "stupid" question he got
> flamed. I will in future better call Redhat support and keep you alone with
> your list so you are not so stressed by my "stupid of topic" questions.

Please don't take comments made about this question being off topic as
any more than that. No one is flaming you for asking an off topic
question and no one is calling your question stupid. But if off topic
questions are always answered here without any comment about them
being off topic no one will ever learn, will they?

Would you think it would be fine to start a thread on this list about
how much you like Firefly? I hope you can agree that that would not be
appropriate as this list is clearly about Red Hat stuff. But it isn't
just about any old Red Hat stuff, it is about Red Hat *Network* stuff.
So most questions on this list are in fact off topic, which makes
people who want to keep up on issues related to Red Hat Network
frustrated from time to time.

John