[rhn-users] RHN List Membership

Hugo Simon hugo.simon at gmx.de
Wed Jan 24 22:32:07 UTC 2007

> Discussions about using Red Hat Network to manage and apply updates to
> Red Hat Enterprise Linux, including discussion about particular Red Hat
> Enterprise Linux updates.
Since I am the bad guy who started this all I want to say why or how I got
into this group.
_Because_ of this discussion I realize what RedHat Network is for the first
time. "My" Redhat update software is named Up2Date, not RH Network.

The support website of Redhat, that thing where you have to pay for and
login and so is called RedHat Network, not Redhat Support or something like
this. Ok, there is an menu entry in the RH Network website called support.

So for me was clear, even when I read the above description, Redhat Network
is the group of people (=network) that use RedHat. Never knew until now that
RHN is the software deployment tool up2date.

Thorsten